The Bike Natchitoches 4th Annual Cane River Plantation Ride on May 6, 2017, comprises three routes that cover land steeped in the history of Natchitoches Parish and offers numerous views of Cane River Lake.
- The 15 mile route will start and finish at the Cane River Creole National Historical Park (Oakland Plantation) in Bermuda, Louisiana. The tour will follow the Cane River National Heritage Trail and the Isle Brevelle Trail along Cane River Lake. It will pass several antebellum homes as well as Melrose Plantation and will cross Cane River Lake to the Isle Brevelle Trail by historical St. Augustine Catholic Church. It will continue to Cane RiverNational Historical Park.
- The 25 mile route will follow the same route as the 15 mile route plus continue on to Magnolia Plantation. The tour will cross the end of Cane River Lake and continue on to the Isle of Brevelle Trail to Cane River National Historical Park (Oakland Plantation).
- The metric century route will follow the same route as the 25 mile route and will add the beautiful, hilly forest scenery of the Kisatchie National Forest including the Long Leaf Vista Trail. It is a perfect blend of Louisiana plantation history and serene arboreal experience.
- A 2k family fun run/walk is free and will be held on the park premises.
- Participants and families from any route are encouraged to tour the National Park at Oakland and Magnolia plantation at no extra fee. Melrose Plantation is offering a reduced fee for participants and families.
- The registration fee for any ride is $35.00 for participants 18 and older. Participants 17 years or younger and students have a registration fee of $20.00 for any ride.
- Late registration* and sign–in opens at 7:15 a.m. and the ride will start at 8:15 a.m.
Register on line @ www.bikereg.com
*Registration the day of the event will be $5.00 extra per participant.
For more information about the Bike Natchitoches Cane River Plantation Ride, contact Carey Blanchard at email@example.com, 318-471-3085, or go to BikeNatchitoches.org.
We have the details on the 2016 Cane River Plantation Ride available here.
And as usual you can register at BikeReg.com.
Please join us for our monthly meeting this Tuesday, the 21st, at 5:30PM at the Arts Center on Second Street. This is our final meeting before our big event on May 2nd, so please come and help us with planning. We still need some volunteers for the event, so if you can be available and don’t plan on riding, please come to let us know you are available.
Together We Ride!
Join Bike Natchitoches for our first Saturday ride, March 7th. Meet at 8:00 AM at the Fish Hatchery parking lot to ride at 8:30. All skill levels welcome.
Tomorrow, Tuesday January 20th, we will have our monthly Bike Natchitoches meeting at the Natchitoches Art Center at 5:30PM.
Together We Ride!
Our monthly Third Saturday Ride is this Saturday, January 17th. Meet up at the Oakland Plantation National Park in Bermuda at 9:00am and we will ride at 9:30am. We have a 14 mile and 21 mile loop but you can turn back any time you like. We hope you will join us for a beautiful, casual ride.
We will also be having our monthly meeting next Tuesday, the 20th, at 5:30PM in the Natchitoches Art Center.
Our monthly Third Saturday Ride is this Saturday, December 20th. Meet up at the Oakland Plantation National Park in Bermuda at 9:00am and we will ride at 9:30am. We have a 14 mile and 21 mile loop but you can turn back any time you like. We hope you will join us for a beautiful, casual ride.
Tomorrow, Tuesday November 18th, we will have our monthly Bike Natchitoches meeting at the Natchitoches Art Center at 5:30PM.
Please come and join us to help plan and prepare for our Cane River Century ride this Spring. Last year the event was very successful, and we need your help to ensure this year is even better! We need volunteers to help with all aspects of the ride, and there are many talented Bike Natchitoches members in the community.
Together we plan, then Together We Ride!
Join us this Saturday and Tuesday
Our monthly Third Saturday Ride is this Saturday, October 18th. Meet up at the Oakland Plantation National Park in Bermuda at 7:30am and we will ride at 8:00am. We have a 14 mile and 21 mile loop but you can turn back any time you like.
Also, join us for our monthly Bike Natchitoches Meeting on October 21st at 5:30pm at the Art Center located at 716 Second Street in Natchitoches.
Join Bike Natchitoches for our first Saturday ride tomorrow, October 4th. Meet at 8:00 AM at the Fish Hatchery parking lot to ride at 8:30. All skill levels welcome.